Job Title: Student Success Internship (Spring 2017 or Summer 2017)
Reports to: The Associate Vice President for Student Experience and the Associate Director of Selection
Team: Student Services & Selections Team
About Quad Learning
Quad Learning, Inc. (QL) is a venture-backed startup with a mission to partner with leading higher education institutions to build global citizens. The company provides international strategic enrollment management services which includes recruiting and student support services.
QL has been featured in TechCrunch, Inside Higher Ed, Venture Beat, the Washington Post, and more. We are an energetic, driven, student-focused, and passionate group.
The Student Success Internship supports our Selection Team and Student Services Team in developing criteria for student success for the American Honor (AH) and Academic Success (AS) programs. This will include researching and determining key risk factors for our student population.
Apply a holistic mindset when determining risk factors for student success.
Research student applications and student learning journey factors to determine fit factors, retention risks, and formulate programmatic interventions to boost college readiness.
Collaborate with admissions and student services teams to ensure smooth transition and orientation programming for domestic and international students across eight campuses.
Formulate and optimize process and procedures for AH and AS programs.
Research retention best practices domestic and international student populations.
Develop solutions for supporting students who are deemed “high risk”.
Skills and Attributes
- 1-3 years of work with college students, ideally in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation
- Highly detail oriented with a healthy sense of caution around handling sensitive student records.
- Commitment to reflecting on practices to make efficiency improvements
- Commitment to follow directions with precision when required
- Ability to collaborate in team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Data reporting and modeling (e.g. Salesforce, excel)
- Statistical analysis experience (e.g. ANOVAs via SPSS or STATA)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel.
• Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM system is preferred.
• Only candidates that will earn college credits for the internship will be considered.
This position is located in Washington, D.C.
How to Apply
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: "Student Services Internship"