About Quad Learning
Quad Learning, Inc. (QL) is a venture-backed startup with a mission to partner with leading higher education institutions to build global citizens. The company provides international recruiting and student support services. QL has been featured in TechCrunch, Inside Higher Ed, Venture Beat, the Washington Post, and more. We are an energetic, driven, student-focused, and passionate group.
About the Role:
We are hiring a Web Developer intern to join our DC-based team.
QL is a fast paced, global, collaborative team environment that would be a great learning opportunity for a junior or senior looking to combine strong web development skills with a passion for global education. If you love turning students’ pain points into useful tech, this is the internship for you!
The ideal candidate will join us a part-time intern during the spring term (10-15H/week), and full-time over the summer.
- The intern will collaborate with team members across our operations, student services, and tech teams to identify, validate and formulate tech solutions to boost retention, student success, and student satisfaction across our 2-year and 4-year programs.
- Collaborate with operations and product development team to design and implement new features on our student-facing website.
- Partner with student service team, recruiting team, and operations team to build, and launch web sites, landing pages, digital content.
- Web content development, including taking creative assets provided and coding within WordPress templates or custom (in-house) themes.
- Day to day support tasks as needed for routine website maintenance requests.
Education and Experience:
Rising senior student with solid HTML, CSS skills, and a passion for global education.
- Junior or senior student with a major in computer science, information technology or related fields
- Requires web standards (HTML5, CSS3) understanding and mastery.
- Cross browser compatible (IE8+, Firefox, Safari) coding and implementation experience is required.
- Experience with at least one modern CMS platform: WordPress, Drupal, etc.
- 1-3 Years site building experience, using templates, or creation of custom themes.
- Able to write W3C Standards Compliant, Cross Browser Compatible (IE8+, Firefox, Safari) Front-End Markup in HTML & CSS.
- Ability to write basic scripts are preferred, and create base level of plugin coding is also preferable.
- Mobile friendly experience is essential, using responsive designs, Bootstrap, jQuery mobile or comparable approach.
- Experience in digital production, file preparation, and file management (Adobe Suite).
- Some experience playing ping pong and/or foosball is highly preferred (not required).
- This is not a code-heavy-back end position. Front end development and system administration is the focus.
What You’ll Get From Us
- An independent, fast-paced, and stimulating work environment
- The opportunity to work across a variety of departments, including operations, student services, and recruiting.
- Professional development and mentoring opportunities in the DC edtech ecosystem
- The opportunity to contribute to the company’s international value proposition
- Valuable ping pong and foosball training you can bring to any other cool work environments
How to apply
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Web Development (Wordpress) Intern”
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as requested by his or her manager(s). This description is subject to review and modification at any time without notification.