About Quad Learning
Quad Learning, Inc. (QL) is a venture-backed startup with a mission to partner with leading higher education institutions to build global citizens. The company provides international recruiting and student support services. QL has been featured in TechCrunch, Inside Higher Ed, Venture Beat, the Washington Post, and more. We are an energetic, driven, student-focused, and passionate group.
At a high level, a Success Coaches job is to transform lives by helping a cohort of largely international students reach their potential. The Success Coach is the single most important person our students work with throughout their two+ years in the American Honors or American Success program.
More specifically, a Success Coach is responsible for the retention and transfer outcomes of their cohort of about one hundred and twenty-five international, ESL and domestic students. As such, he or she is responsible for developing and delivering a scalable system of supports that equip American Honors and American Success students with the skills, resources, and relationships necessary to succeed academically (both at community college and beyond) in the United States, transfer to a best fit school, and pursue a rewarding professional life.
The Success Coach will work closely with the international team at Quad Learning and at the Community College of Philadelphia to offer transitional, logistical, and student support. He/she has responsibility for working with the Sr. Director, Assistant Director of the Program and the International Student Services Manager to ensure international students are supported and that the organization achieves its international retention and student satisfaction goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate passion for and strong commitment to international student development and success through advocacy, relationship building, hard work, problem solving, and continuous learning and improvement
- Develop a working knowledge of college curricula, programming, and policies; student financial assistance programs; the transfer process; best-fit universities for various types of student populations; and student learning theories
- Utilize Student Services tools and tracking systems to monitor student progress (academics, transfer, and other key milestones) and record advisor-student interaction
- Contribute to and execute the Student Services playbook for academic and transfer advising, to include:
- Leading student orientations
- Assisting students in defining personal, academic, and career goals and creating individualized course plans that map to these outcomes
- Teaching a curriculum of honors and transfer seminars that promote the development of greater self-knowledge, self-advocacy, and student success skills
- Guiding students through an often arduous and confusing transfer application process
- Fostering a strong sense of peer support and community
- Managing coaching load in a scalable but students-first manner that promotes retention, persistence, and student success through proactive interactions and interventions
- Build relationships with college faculty and administration to best support students, as well as relationships with personnel from target transfer universities to develop access and pathways for community college students
- Actively participate in professional development opportunities and collaborate with other QL teams and college partners to help build a best-in-class student experience
- Operations and Logistics
- Collaborate with QL international team and community college staff on the development and implementation of international student support logistics/operations including housing, arrival services, ground transportation, etc…
- Partner with CCP international team and internal team to assess and develop operations / logistical solutions for international student services
- Implement the above using industry best practices
- Engage with network college stakeholders to evaluate current international student operations programs, resources currently made available to students, and understand existing service levels;
- International Student Program Development and Student Support
- Support international student success (retention, satisfaction) through communicating progress and through working with the Assistant Director of the Program and International Student Services Manager.
- Develop international student support programming (e.g. orientation, support services, engaging programming), in coordination with the APD to support student engagement and success
- Interface with internal teams including International, marketing, admissions, and others to ensure evolving international student service offerings and solutions are communicated to students in an effective manner
- Provide a working knowledge of college curricula, programming, and policies; student financial assistance programs; the transfer process, best-fit universities for various types of international populations, etc.
- Practice care, understanding, and patience in assisting international students as they adjust to new educational settings in the United States
What we want from you
- Demonstrated passion for student success, access, and education reform through academic, extracurricular, and/or work experience
- Strong interest in international student support and programming. Experience working with international or ESL students is preferred
- Experience with a US or International Pathway or ESL provider a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills to efficiently and effectively monitor and address student performance, as well as manage multiple competing priorities at a time
- Eagerness to address problem areas and take initiative and ownership over scalable solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, performance-driven, team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills within a classroom or academic setting
- A desire to take initiative and be challenged, form strong relationships with community college faculty and staff and organizations that promote student success, build trusting relationships to help students from all backgrounds explore and identify their needs and interests, and use data and analytics to help track and improve student performance
What you can expect from us
- The opportunity to transform student lives by helping them realize their dreams
- Teaching and advising experience at the community-college level
- A chance to join a well-funded, mission-driven start-up
- The opportunity to shape a young company and work across a variety of initiatives
- A great management team with decades of experience in leading education and tech companies
- Competitive salary and opportunities for growth and promotion
- BA or BS degree required
- Preferably 2+ years of advising or classroom experience as an undergraduate or full-time job, preferably working directly with international student populations (for example: China, Vietnam, Japan, South Korea, Saudi Arabia)
- Familiarity with Microsoft and Google Suite
How to apply
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "Success Coach Position – Philadelphia." You are also encouraged, but by no means required, to submit a letter of recommendation as well.
We are looking for an advisor to start in February.
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as requested by his or her manager(s). This description is subject to review and modification at any time without notification.