About Quad Learning
Quad Learning, Inc. (QL) is a venture-backed startup with a mission to partner with leading higher education institutions to build global citizens. The company provides international recruiting and student support services. QL has been featured in TechCrunch, Inside Higher Ed, Venture Beat, the Washington Post, and more. We are an energetic, driven, student-focused, and passionate group.
The Manager of International Student Selection and Evaluation reports to the SVP of Academic Affairs and is responsible for the process of evaluating international credentials and applications, and recommending international students for acceptance to QL’s community college and university programs. The Manager is responsible for recommending network wide standards, working with partner institutions to establish standards, training international admissions officers on standards, and ensuring the consistent application of those standards. The Manager is responsible for developing implementing, and managing a scalable, efficient and effective process to ensure timely review of applications both internally and at the partner site. The Manager is additionally responsible for implementing holistic review standards to identify and recommend students to honors or other selective programs. The Manager has additional reports to the VP of International Operations to support improvements to the application and review process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recommend and maintain network-wide and individual partner standards for admissions, and equivalency for international degrees and transcripts.
- Provide training, support, communication and resources to support implementation of standards and broader awareness across the company (e.g. International Admissions Officers; overseas staff)
- Implement a quality assurance process to ensure consistent application of those standards.
- Develops and maintains internal database / resources relating to source market / country educational systems, credentials, and internal evaluation guidelines in order to inform admissions decisions and educate network colleges and universities on an ongoing basis.
- Owns relationships with key partner site stakeholders, including international admissions committee members, in order to ensure partner and company expectations remain aligned around core applicant processes and mutually agreed upon SLA’s core to ensuring effective international student recruitment
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of (direct or indirect, e.g. through admissions team) processes to admit qualified students in conjunction with partners including (but not limited to) the following:
- Application creation and delivery
- Collection of additional materials
- Internal review of applicants
- Sending applications to admissions committees
- Updating internal systems with admission committee decisions
- Student notification of admissions decision
- Student information/packet received upon acceptance
- Focus on ability to scale selection process across multiple sites and locations.
- Improve internal review processes to support target review turnaround of 48 hours
- Design committee review process to support target decision turnaround of 3-5 days for selective programs and 48 hours for standard programs
- Develop dashboards for managing selection and credential evaluation process
- Provide actionable business insight on applicant data to improve marketing and student services; connect data of incoming applicant traits with student success to further hone profile of a successful student
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure consistent view of target QL student
- Assist with application review, especially during peak seasons to ensure targets are met
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory, legal, and partnership obligations related to admissions and scholarship.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in International Admissions, Selection, Registrar, or Credential Evaluation
- Awareness of international credential standards, and international enrollment policies
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Strong collaboration skills
- Entrepreneurial and results driven
- Ability to present ideas internally and externally and fully represent the organization in any setting
- Strong depth in key functions under purview
- Exceptional strategy, analytical and quantitative skills
- Demonstrated results focus and success.
- Systems thinking and implementation experience
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree required, relevant graduate degree preferred. 5-years of experience related to international student enrollment, preferably in selective admissions, international admissions, registrar’s office, or credential evaluation.
Communication: This position requires the ability to respond effectively to clients, employees and management and handle sensitive and/or confidential student information. This position requires a high level of skill in both oral and written communication and the ability to effectively present ideas and information.
Technical Skills: Advanced computer skills including MS Powerpoint and MS Excel required.
Mathematical Skills: The position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and interpret reports. This position requires the ability to apply such concepts to create reports and present them effectively.
Travel: 20% domestic travel required.
Please send your resume to Ben.Moritz@QuadLearning.com with the subject line: Manager of International Student Selection and Evaluation.
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as requested by his or her manager(s). This description is subject to review and modification at any time without notification.