Reports to: VP of Student Experience
About Quad Learning
Quad Learning, Inc. (QL) is a venture-backed startup with an audacious mission: to change higher education by creating affordable new pathways to a top-tier bachelor’s degree. QL partners with leading community colleges (CC) to jointly develop and deliver American Honors, a competitive two-year honors program designed for high ability students. After two years in American Honors, students transfer to complete the final two years of their four-year degree from a top college or university. American Honors also serves international students through pathway and ESL programs at certain CC and 4-year university partners. American Honors graduates have been admitted for transfer at many top universities, including Stanford University, the University of Michigan, Cornell University, the University of Washington, Georgetown University, Purdue University, and Brigham Young University.
QL has been featured in TechCrunch, Inside Higher Ed, Venture Beat, the Washington Post, and more. We are an energetic, driven, passionate group.
The International Student Services Manager (ISSM) role is responsible for driving initiatives core to the company successfully serving international students at each of its US-based campuses through operational, logistical and student support. The ISSM has responsibility for working with the VP for Student Experience, Program Directors, Honors Advisors, and the International team to ensure international students are supported and that the organization achieves its international retention and student satisfaction goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Operations, Logistics & Stakeholder Engagement
- Responsibility for development, implementation of international student support logistics/operations including housing, arrival services, ground transportation, etc…
- Partner with colleges and internal teams to assess and develop operations / logistical solutions in all areas
- Interface with third-party service providers of services, such as housing organizations, as needed in order to evaluate options for increasing services offered at select network colleges
- Implement the above using industry best practices
- Engage network college stakeholders to evaluate current international student operations programs, resources currently made available to students, and understand existing service levels;
- Continually advocate for key operational adaptations/improvements to be made at network colleges that will improve support, retention and success of international students
- Create and implement systems and processes that will allow for logistics/operational offering to be implemented across expanding network of colleges through a central point of contact.
International Student Program Development and Student Support
- Effectively implement (with appropriate team members) student services tools, tracking systems, and reports to monitor student progress (academics, transfer, and other key milestones) and record advisor-student interaction
- Support international student success (retention, satisfaction) through communicating progress and through working with Program Directors, Associate Director of Student Support, and Student Advisors;
- Develop international student support programming (e.g. orientation, support services, engaging programming), in coordination with Director of Student Experience to support student engagement and success
- Interface with internal teams including International, marketing, admissions, and others to ensure evolving international student service offerings and solutions are communicated to students in an effective manner
- Provide a working knowledge of college curricula, programming, and policies; student financial assistance programs; the transfer process, best-fit universities for various types of international populations, etc.
- Actively lead and/or support professional development opportunities to educate staff; and collaborate with other American Honors teams, Honors Advisors, and college partners to help American Honors build a best-in-class experience
Strategic Insight and Growth
- Assess emerging opportunities (i.e. high school completion) presented by international team, evaluate operational requirements, and partner with internal teams to develop implementation plan for new offerings
Skills & Experience
- 3-7 years work experience with international students preferred, and interfacing with U.S.-based higher education institutions
- Experience with a US or International Pathway or ESL provider strongly preferred
- Highly driven and self-motivated individual with the ability to meet and exceed defined targets
- Strong interest in international student support programming, logistics, operations
- Commitment to reflecting on practices to making improvements to work over time
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and analytical skills
- Experience scaling organizational solutions across multiple sites
- Strong collaboration skills across multiple departments
- Demonstrated results focus and success.
- Position is based in Washington, DC, but remote candidates may be considered.
What You’ll Get From Us
- The opportunity to shape the company’s international value proposition and student experience
- An independent, fast-paced, and stimulating work environment
- The opportunity to work across a variety of student services and operations areas
- Competitive wages
- Professional development
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred. 3-7-years of business experience, preferably in a pathway provider or other organization that works closely with international students
Language Skills: This position requires the ability to read, write, analyze and interpret complex instructions, correspondence, legal documents, financial reports and/or technical documents. This position also requires the ability to respond effectively to clients, employees and management and handle sensitive and/or confidential communications. This position requires a high level of skill in both oral and written communication and the ability to effectively present ideas and information.
Technical Skills: Advanced computer skills including MS Powerpoint and MS Excel required.
Mathematical Skills: The position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and interpret complex numbers, financial data and reports. This position requires the ability to apply such concepts to create reports and financial records and present them effectively.
Travel: 30% domestic travel required. Some international travel may be required.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "International Student Services Manager (ISSM)".
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as requested by his or her manager(s). This description is subject to review and modification at any time without notification.