Job Title: Student Success Internship (Spring 2017 or Summer 2017)
Reports to: The Associate Vice President for Student Experience and the Associate Director of Selection
Team: Student Services & Selections Team
About Quad Learning
Quad Learning, Inc. (QL) is a venture-backed startup with an audacious mission: to change higher education by creating affordable new pathways to a top-tier bachelor’s degree. QL collaborates with leading community colleges to jointly develop and deliver American Honors, a competitive two-year honors program designed for high- ability students. After two years in American Honors, students transfer to complete the final two years of their four-year degree from a top college or university. In our inaugural year, our students have been admitted for transfer at Stanford University, the University of Michigan, Cornell University, the University of Washington, Georgetown University, Purdue University, Brigham Young University, and many others.
QL has been featured in TechCrunch, Inside Higher Ed, Venture Beat, the Washington Post, and more. We are an energetic, driven, passionate group.
The Student Success Internship supports our Selection Team and Student Services Team in developing criteria for student success for the American Honor (AH) and Academic Success (ASP) programs. This will include researching and determining key risk factors for our student population.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Apply a holistic mindset when determining risk factors for student success.
• Evaluate student applications for potential retention risks.
• Collect data on AH and ASP’s student populations to determine factors that contributed to student success.
• Research best practices in student retention.
• Develop solutions for supporting students who are deemed “high risk”.
Skills and Attributes
- 1-3 years of work with college students, ideally in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation
- Highly detail oriented with a healthy sense of caution around handling sensitive student records.
- Commitment to reflecting on practices to make efficiency improvements
- Commitment to follow directions with precision when required
- Ability to collaborate in team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Data reporting and modeling (e.g. Salesforce, excel)
- Statistical analysis experience (e.g. ANOVAs via SPSS or STATA)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel.
• Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM system is preferred.
• Only candidates that will earn college credits for the internship will be considered.
This position is located in Washington, D.C.
How to Apply
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "Student Services Internship"